Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas for the Kellys.....

We spent Christmas at my parents again this year, it was sad because Brad was not able to be home, but we took a lot of pictures and sent them to him. I called him on Tango so we could video the kids getting their Santa gifts so it was okay. The kids had a blast...I have decided that it is way too hard to keep doing it at my mom and dad's because I have reload everything and then some and man...that is a task. Next Christmas with a new baby and all, we will have to do Christmas at home and then drive to Malad LOL! On Christmas Eve we did the newly started tradition of the Kelly Exchange. Brads sisters and their families came over to Bruce and Kelles and we opened gifts, had snacks, and played some guitar hero! Brad has a talent for making antler lamps. So this year, I had his sister Brandee and he had Brooke, he took so much time and thought into making them each a lamp. The husbands were stoked!! I think that the girls were to but you know guys LOL!!


For my birthday dinner we had Ravioli and green salad, it was so yummy! Bruce and Kelle came to mom and dads to eat and open gifts with us, I love having us all together. My families are amazing!! Then we opened Christmas Eve jammies, had some sparkling cider, and went for a quick drive to look at Christmas lights. Tucker wrote the cutest little Santa Note and just asked that he be able to ride on his reindeer. He is so funny!! We left Santa a peanut butter cupcake, sugar cookies, and of course milk. I am so thankful that I have a great family and in laws to make us feel the christmas spirit even though we were far away from Brad.
For a little festive Christmas breakfast, we had cinnamon rolls that mom and I placed into the shape of a Christmas tree. It was really cute. I think that next year I will do the same but get something to make little ornaments on it as well.

No comments: