Brad and I have been together since Feb. 2000. We were married October 2004. We have the most amazing little ball of fire Tucker who is 7. He is full of vinegar and so much fun! Bryken is 3 and he really keeps up with Tucker. These two boys are the best of buddies. We love our two little boys! Remington is 18 months and she is a total doll, she is a diva in the making!!!We are finally all living in the same place and it has been wonderful!!
Well just a quick update! We are loving it here in Pinedale, Wyoming! It is VERY cold! We have seen so much wildlife it is amazing!! We are still living in Brad's trailer but it actually has been really great. We are cramped but everything is working out! Life is wonderful! Tucker LOVES school and my job is working out just perfectly! Our house will be ready Saturday so we are heading back to Idaho Falls Friday night to bid our final good-byes. I love having Brad home every night! It has made such a difference not only in my attitude but our little ones as well. So until next time...this is all of an update I have lol..Pictures will be coming!!!
Today was a very hard day for me at work. It was difficult because people that I wanted to say goodbye to were not there and others surprised me and came in anyways (Donna). Some thought that hanging out with her children back east was more important (Tammy) lol but it was still a great day full of laughter and tears. I have been with Juvenile Probation for 3 years and I have made some really great friendships. It is hard to imagine not waking up and going to work there..or taking my kids to TLC Daycare! I think that the friends that I have made both at work and in other areas around Idaho Falls have had a huge impact on me. I had some hard years while working there and I love how supportive and understanding everyone was. I am so thankful for the listening ear and how I was taken under the wing of many of my co-workers. It was never a dull moment there and I woke up everyday excited to go to work, besides the fact that I missed my kids all day, they made it like home for me! Juvenile Probation is just like a little family and I am so glad that I was a part of it.
This is Teri. She is my replacement. She will fit right in and I am so glad that I had the time to meet her and make a new friend. She is actually from Wyoming and so it is kind of funny that she knows people in Pinedale and got me some hook ups!!! She made my last week a blast!
This is Jeff. His Dad actually started Court and Clinical but when his dad passed away about 6 years ago, the county took over and it became Juvenile Probation.
This is my pal Donna. We are like two peas in a pod or as Brian would call us, the cheese and the mold. I liked it better when I thought that we were like Cheech and Chong lol! Donna and I have had a friendship for a while, it started when I was over at Adult Probation. She took me to California for the first time and was there when I got my tattoo. Donna really took me under her wing and made me feel like I had that special someone away from home. She really is like my second mother. She is such an amazing woman and I am so lucky to have met her and to have had the opprotunity to call her my friend. I am going to miss her very much and when she came in today to say good-bye we both bawled! It was really hard. She has taught me some valueable lessons about myself and for that I am very grateful. She has taught me so much and I am so lucky to have had her at my side.
This is my wonderful boss Kyla. If you have ever wanted to work somewhere that you felt at home this is the lady you need to work for. Kyla is a very amazing boss, friend and woman. She has taught me so much in the last few years. I have enjoyed getting to know her and her sweet family since day 1. She is the most understanding person when it comes to having kids and needing to take the time off work to take care of them. I am sure that I will never have another boss like her...it is a huge task to live up too. This woman can cook up a mean batch of fudge!!!!
This wonderful woman is Mrs. Tammy Adams. If you are need for a good time this is your go to lady for sure! She will have you laughing all day long. She is so kind and wants what is best for everyone. She is a peacemaker and she has taught me how to laugh at myself. Tammy has a talent for creating things. She taught me how to take something and turn it into something amazing. And I can not forget the fact that she introduced me to a Route 44 from Sonic...and yes I had one today without Tammy! HAHA!! If you are in need of a recipe this is your go to woman. If you need something sold, she will know someone who is looking for it. If you need someone to tell you how it is and not sugar coat it she is your woman. She has made me realize that I am an amazing woman and that what is important to me is what I need to stick up for.
I wish that I could have taken more pictures with other co-workers because I could have gone on for hours about how each of them have had an impact on me for the better. I am really going to miss Juvenile Probation...I am forever a different person from there!
Brad and I spent the weekend packing up our home :( it was really sad but we are so excited at the same time..Our amazing friends the Martin's helped out with our kids this weekend and I am going to miss the friendships that have formed with them over the last 5 years. This is my dining room lol...no table...no access to anything! Its all in boxes!! Now it just feels like a house not a home.
Today when Brad left to go back to Wyoming it hit me...this was our last weekend living in this house as a family..this was our last weekend in Idaho Falls...this was our last weekend to see friends and go shopping and go out to eat on the town...our last trip to the mall just for fun...there are so many things that I am going to miss about our life here in Idaho Falls. So for the next few days I will be adding pictures of things that have made Idaho Falls our home....
I love this house. It has been the best thing we did when we moved out here! I was worried at first because the landlord and his son live in the basement apartment but, they have helped me out so much! John would come up stairs whenever I needed if it was a mouse that I had trapped and needed him to dispose of, a spoon that I was burning in the dishwasher and didnt realize it...just knowing that I had someone around to look after us when Brad was not at home! He was so great with my boys! When we has mowing the lawn, he never hesitated to let the boys hop on next to him on the riding lawn mower. He really helped me feel safe!
I love having a clothes line! I know it sounds crazy but I LOVE hanging my clothes out to dry.
My baby girls pink wall! Brad took so much pride in turning this room into his little girls space! I am sad that we have to leave it behind!
I love having a day off in the week to pick up my little Tucker from the bus. I am really going to miss seeing his little smile as he runs off the bus to tell me about his day!
This year as usual we had a great time with those we love for Thanksgiving. Since Brad took his new job in January, he was able to spend Thanksgiving and the Day after with us plus the weekend! It was great! We ate some yummy food at Mom and Dads and then we left Malad at 7:00 p.m. to head to Logan to go Black Friday shopping! This year Dad and Quintan ventured out with us..I am not sure that they will ever go again but I KNOW that Bri and I were so greatful to have their help as well as Brad's this year! We were able to get everything on our lists. We did not head back to Malad until 7:30 a.m. Friday morning! Bri and I stayed up all night, we took turns in the lines at Kmart since it was the last store and everyone was exhausted. Those boys pooped out early! We have such a blast doing it!!
So everything is just falling into place for us! I was really worried because all of the houses for rent in Pinedale are so crazy priced and I was starting to think that we would never find anything. I called a realtor that my new boss told me to call and it just so happened that her neighbor asked her last night what he should list his 3 bedroom house for...she told him that they going rate is about $1500.00. So he is listing it for $1000.00! JACK POT!!! The bad news...it wont be ready until about a week after we move..so we are going to have to move all of our stuff into a storage unit and live in the "Bachelor Pad" for a week or so....YIKES!!! But the great news is that we have a house!!!
Well...it has finally happened, our prayers have been answered. I finally found a job in Pinedale. I went up to Wyoming last Friday for and interview with Tegler and Associates. It is a insurance agency. It was interesting how it all worked out..they had posted the job a month or so ago and I just looked it over because it said that you have to be lisenced. Well about three weeks later, I saw it posted again so I called. I spoke with a lady who told me that you have 6 months to study a book and then they pay for your test as well as the materials. She said that it was a pretty easy test and she would send me an application. So I filled it out and sent it back. I waited two weeks and I had emailed her to see if they had started interviews yet and I never heard anything back, so I gave up. That next week their human resource lady from Casper called me and said that she thought that from reading my resume and things that I would be a great fit, so I waited again for Beverly to call me. Then she did!! I was so excited for the interview, and I felt that it went well but I was pretty sure that they would not call me because I was not living there yet....So we stayed the weekend and then the kids and I came home on Sunday. Monday afternoon around 12 I was sitting at work talking to Donna when my phone rang....It was Nancy from Casper. She told me that they wanted to offer me the job if I was still intersted! I told her OF COURSE and we decided that it would be great to start 12/5/11! I started to cry and walked out to where Donna and Sharon were waiting....they asked if I got it and I started to cry and told them yes...Monday was a very bittersweet day for me. I love everyone at Juvenile Probation and it scares me to death to leave somewhere that I am so comfortable. It was hard to tell my boss', but they are such great people and they were very understanding. Meri told me that her and Kyla decided that they are just taking my keys and locking me in and that if I ever need to come back, Meri will find me a job. That really made me feel good and Meri gave me a few hugs which only made me cry more....then today they posted my job and I cried once again! It has been a very emotional few days for me..but here we go..off to a new adventure. We will have our family back together again! So now for the fun stuff 1. http://www.tegelerinsurance.com/ So this is my new job!!! 2. http://www.pinedaleonline.com/news/2010/04/NewPinedaleElementar.htm This is Tucker's new school. It is only 2 years old (well this is the second school year) so this is when it was under construction. 3. The kids are going to be going to Little Buckaroo Childcare. 4. http://www.pinedaleonline.com/home.htm This is the newspaper for the town :)
So the kids and I drove to Pinedale last weekend to hang with Brad since he had to be on call. It was a nice quiet drive there and not so much on the way home lol! I also had a job interview on Friday. It snowed like crazy Friday night and into Saturday morning but it was still fun. We drove into town Friday, we got there around 11:30 and right in the middle of town were a few deer eating in the park. The boys were pretty tickled. We stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites and the kids loved the fact that there was a swimming pool and a hot tub.
Remi finally got to wear her eskimo hat! She looked so cute!
On Saturday we drove around. Brad took us out to R360 and we were able to see where he works. I have to say that I feel much better about where he is now! Working on the rigs is very scary! He kind of has an office job in the oil field lol! Dont tell him I said that though!
Doesnt he look so happy lol!
Bryken loved the big "tractors". He couldnt get enough!!
Tucker thought they were pretty cool too.
Remi was such a good girl. She mostly ate and slept the whole time. She just loves going along for the ride.
Bryken is always ready to "cheese it" ....Brad not so much haha!!
It was really great to be with Brad. We drove around on Sunday and found the Soda Lakes. We saw a huge buck and drove my Ford all over in the snow..I knew we bought that baby for a good reason!!!
We stayed in Idaho Falls this year for Halloween since it was on a school night and Brad had to be up at 3:00 to head back to work. It was chilly this year that is for sure. It got dark quick so we did not get very many pictures which makes me very sad :( And by the time we were done for the night the kids were exhausted and in bed before we knew it! Tucker was a skeleton this year. He loved it! Bryken was a ninja and Rem was a lady bug! They all looked so cute. We hit a neighborhood where Donna one of my co-workers lives and when we were at an elderly couples house, Bryken announced that he had to go potty. I told him that we could go to a potty in a moment but the lady insisted that I let him come in and use her restroom because she knows how it feels to have to go LOL. It was so sweet, he told her thank you and off we went! We stopped at a nursing home and to see the look on the faces of those few ladies was priceless! They were so excited. One of the ladies even hit on Brad, it was great. Next we stopped at the firestation and the boys took a picture with the dog. Lastly we headed over to the neighborhood where one of Brads old boss' lives, it was a great night and I am so thankful that Brad was able to be home for Halloween!
We have really enjoyed have Tucker in a Montessori School. He started kindergarden last year at Monticello Montessori Charter School. I think that it has been good for him because he has been able to really explore different things and learn a lot. He already speaks a little Spanish and he is very smart even if he doesnt want you to know that he is. This year for the fall get together the Idaho Charter School Association put together a family night to the local corn maze. It was free and they had hot dogs and things for free as well. It was really fun to take the kids for a night out of some fun.
Tucker loved riding behind the tractor.
Thats our baby girl! She is so dang cute!!
They had this little area for the kids to bounce around and the boys LOVED IT!!
Bryken pretty much stayed with his Dad. Tucker was off having fun with his friends. How crazy is it that Tucker is old enough to go and play with friends and not have to have us right there :(
They had a area that they made a slide with some old tractor tires. The boys went down that together and laughed. We had such a great time and its amazing how many memories you make as a family!!!
Mom came up to stay the weeked a little while ago and Bri came up with the girls because she had a wedding for one of her friends. It was so nice to have them up for a visit. We all got ready and went to church. It was fun to get a picture of the kiddos looking so sharp!
So I have been a blog slacker lately..Life just gets so busy and I dont even have time to take a nice long bath...oh no its like a 2 min. shower! Brad has been working every other weekend, well not working but he has to stay up there and be on call. It has been pretty brutal. So what have we been up to...well I went hunting this year with all my own stuff for the very first time! Tucker was able to go as well. He talked Grandpa Bruce and his dads' ears off! When I went and Tucker and Bruce drove to meet us at the bottom of the mountian, we could hear Tucker from a mile away lol! The kids and I have pretty much just been home bodies since Brad doesnt get to be home all the time. Last weekend Tucker went to a birthday party at the Blue Hashi. It is an expensive place that serves sea food..Tucker came home telling me that he had steak, shrimp and a rice fish roll (sushi) and he LOVED it!!! We are still looking for me a job in Wyoming with Brad but we have had no luck!! I cant believe that it is almost 2012! I cant believe that in 8 weeks it will be Christmas!! We found a couple little bald spots on Brykens head and so after watching them for about a month, I took him to his pediatrician who referred us to a dermatologist. On Monday I took him in and he has alapecia. Its where you just lose your hair for no known reason! There is no cure and they do not know what causes it but your immune system attacks your hair folicles. He said that for most cases, the hair grows back sometimes in months and other times in years. There are a few cases that he has seen in his 8 years (2 of them) where they end up having total hair loss all over their body. I am really praying that doesnt happen to my little sweetheart!! Tucker is really starting to shine in school and he is so much smarter everyday! He teaches me things lol! Remi is trying to crawl and thinks that she is 15 already!! Well enough of the jibbers it is time to get back in the program and get some pictures posted with more updates!!!
1. Love their mother. Treat her with respect, honor, and heaping spoonfuls of affection. When your kids grow up, there is a big chance that your sons will treat their wife just as you have treated their mother. Your daughter will marry someone who treats her just like she has seen you treat her mother. Good or bad, that is just the way it is...choose good.
2. Always be there. Quality time does not happen without quantity time. Hang out together for no other reason than to just be in each others presence. Be interested in the things that interest your children, even your daughter, and her dolls. Your children need you to be involved in every aspect of their life. Dont just sit idly by while they add years to themselves, add life to their years.
3. Save the Day! Your kids gtow up looking for a hero. It might as well be you. They will need you to come through over and over again for them throughout their life. Rise to the occasion. Red Cape and Blue Tights...optional.
4. Savor every moment you have together. Today one is in 1st grade, the other toddling around in his undies with his "motocycle" and the other is dreaming away. Tomorrow you will be handing one the keys to his car, the other teaching him how to drive and then the third...walking her down the isle. Someday soon, hanging out with their "old man" wont be so cool anymore. Life happens pretty fast so cherish it while you can.
5. Pray with them and for them regularly and continually.
6. Buy them each a glove...a four wheeler.....whatever you choose and make them proud to know how to do things for themselves. Teach them how to ride a bike, rollerblade, skateboard...sing....dance....make them proud to be who they are!!
7. They will fight with their mother, especially your daughter, choose your side wisely.
8. Go ahead...buy her those pearls...or training bra....or her first razor.
9. Of course you look silly playing peek-a-boo and talking to her in that little voice. Do it anyways. Of course you look like a kid chasing your boys around with a hose..do it anyway.
10. Enjoy the wonder of bath time. They do the funniest thinigs!!
11. There will come a time when they ask you for just some daddy time. Do not over think it.. just say "Yes!"
12. It is never too early to start teaching them about money. They will suck you dry as teenagers.
13. Do something important for each of them on their birthday!
14. Buy them a pair of hiking boots as soon as possible and for your daughter a pair of dance shoes as soon as she starts walking.
15. Dance with your daughter. Start when she is a little girl or even a baby. Do not wait until her wedding day.
16. Take them fishing. They will probably talk your ear off and squirm more than the worm on you hook, thats OKAY!
17. Continue to say "No." They may pitch a fit today, but in the future, they will all be glad that you stuck to your guns.
18. Tell your wife and daughter that they are beautiful. Tell them over and over again. Someday and animated movie or beauty magazine will be trying to convience your daughter otherwise. Tell your boys how amazing they are and that they are leaders, one day..peer pressure will try to get the best of them.
19. Teach them how to work on cars, teach them how to work hard. Teach your daughter how to change a flat (even though the first time it happens to her, she will call crying..teach her anyways), teach her that a tire without air does not need to be a massive need of panic in her life. Teach your boys how important it is to be handy, and keep their things nice.
20. Take them camping. Immerse them in the great outdoors. Watch their eyes fill with wonder each time they see the amazing things that heavenly father and mother nature have created for us.
21. Let them hold the wheel. They will always remember when daddy let them drive.
22. They are as smart as anyone else, and your daughter and smart as any boy...make sure they know that!
23. When they give kisses, they will want to plant them all over your face. Let them..they will someday think that giving daddy kisses all the time is not so cool.
24. Knowing how fix a part will never get them into college, knowing them how to eat sunflower seeds will never get them into college, knowing how to drive a four wheeler will never get them into college ..teach them anyways.
25. Letting them ride on your shoulders is pure magic. Do it now while you have a strong back and they are still tiny.
26. Its in their nature to love music and dancing. Its your duty to introduce them to wool socks on the wooden floor.
27. If there is a splash park near our home, take them often! They will be drawn to the water like a duck to a puddle.
28. They will eagerly await for you to return home every weekend! Dont be late.
29. If their mom enrolls them in sports...dance...or whatever, make sure you go too. Do not be intimidated if their are no other dads their, it is their loss.
30. Never miss their birthday. In ten years, they wont remember what you bought them, but they will remember if you werent there.
31. Teach them to have confidence.
32. Remind your wife to let them play in the mud and roll around on the grass, its good for her soul.
33. Take your daughter swim suit shopping. Remind her to stay modest but try to refrain from wanting to buy her a full body pajama :)
34. Somewhere between the time your daughter turns 3 and her 6th birthday, the odds are she will ask you to marry her...let her down gently.
35. They will always want to crawl in your bed when they are scared. This is a good thing. Let them do it.
36. Few things in life are more comforting to a crying child than their fathers hand...NEVER FORGET THIS!!!
37. Introduce them to the swings. They will beg you to push them higher and higher over and over again....their definition of higher and higher may not be the same as yours..remember that.
38. When they are a bit older, that definition of higher will be the same as yours...go ahead and give it all you got! They will love it!!!
39. Throwing them up in the air is great for your biceps. WARNING: They have not concept of muscle fatigue.
40. They may ask you to buy them a pony on their birthday, unless you have a farm dont buy one..but its okay to rent one :)
41. Remind your wife to take it easy on presents for their birthday and Christmas..instead, give them the gift of expiriences that you all can share together. Let them chose where they want to eat that night and what activity they want to do as a family, and then DO IT!!
42. Let them know that they can ALWAYS come home, NO MATTER WHAT!
43. Remember just like the butterfly, they will to spread their wings and fly someday. So for now, enjoy those caterpillar years.
44. Write your children a handwritten letter every year for their birthday. Give them to them when they go off to college, becomes a parent themselves, or you feel that they are ready for them.
45. Learn to trust them. Gradually give them more freedom as they get older. They will rise to the expectations that you give them.
46. When in doubt, trust you heart, they already do.
47. When your kids are teenagers, and they are upset, learning when to engage and when to back off will add years to YOUR life (remind your wife of this as well).
48. Ice cream covers over a multitude of sins. Know their favorite flavors.
49. Dating age is coming soon. There is nothing that you can do to be ready for it..no gun you can shine...the sooner you accept this fact, the easier it will be.
50. Today they are walking over to their bus, watching the Mickey Mouse Club House, and learning that they have a vioce and can squeal...tomorrow they are heading off to college. DONT BLINK!!