Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Bompa!

Today is Bompa's birthday. How has the day been? Well rough of course. Nani got the wierdest message this morning it said "From Evert...who is this" she replied and never recieved anything back...how strange. I guess that he was just wanting her to know that he is still around taking care of her. Oh how I wish that he would still be around to watch my boys grow up and teach them the things that he admired most...Heavenly Father, his family, the farm and everything that comes with it...the outdoors, just the joy of life all around us...Bompa appreciated all of it. When we were in Price for the Christmas Party, Brad was putting some lights on my car and needed some tools....we went down to the basement and it was so funny because it reminded me of seeing Bompa down there finding some gadget to fix something. Well needless to say it is just like any other Man Dweling...a mess of tools and nick-nacks that you know he had a place for everything...Brad must have that sense in him like Bompa because he knew where Bompa would keep things...and then I look at his man dwelling and it is just the same A MESS, but he knows exactly where everything is that he needs. I know that they say when we leave this world we leave behind a legacy...well that is so true about my Bompa. He has the best legacy in his family and what he taught each and every one of us. Those things can never be replaced. I often worried that I would forget moments that I shared with Bompa, but I have not and I know that I will not forget them because they are etched in my heart! I love you Bompa...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

No comments: