Monday, February 1, 2010

Gone til March 8!!

Well Brad left today until March 8th. I remember when we lived in Malad and he worked for AWS, he was gone for like 3-4 months at a time...and I handled that...but that was 4 years ago and quite frankly, we seem to like each other more these days LOL! Anyways, I am so nervous about trying to keep our little life here in Idaho Falls under control all by myself for 6 weeks!! Life is busy for us up here :) With me working Tuesday through Friday from 7:30-6:00, Tucker has basketball Wednesday at 5:30-6:30, Spanish class Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-4:00..then home to dinner, laundry, housework, more homework for my three online classes, paying bills, and the most exhausting chasing around my two wonderful boys. That made me exhausted just thinkig about all of that...I am sure that I will be loving sleep! And hoepfully I will not have to resort back to coffee or pepsi to keep me motivated :) I have not had a soda in over 13 weeks and it is great..it is hard sometimes because I just really want one but I have decided that having one here or there every couple weeks or so is not bad. I have been on a weight loss group at work and so far I have lost 12 pounds GO ME..so hopefully in 6 weeks when Brad is home I will have lost another 12. That will put me 10 pounds off of where I want to be. I have realized that there are things that I take for granted when Brad is around...
1. Now I have to take both boys grocery shopping alone...I shop about every two weeks and I have a large list to keep us going for the next two weeks, needless to say, this is a journey all by itself and I appreciate it when Brad is with me.

2. I am a scardy cat and I will not be lighting a fire while Brad is gone so I will miss that for sure.

3. Sometimes the boys are just not tired when we are so we take them for a quick 20 min. drive and walla-well now I get to do that by myself. Brad can get Bry to sleep in a heartbeat. This was how easy it was for him last night to get our little man to sleep.
4. Tucker and Brad have the best relationship. They wrestle, play hunting on the Playstation....just everything and to know that I can play with him but it is not the same really sucks. This morning he woke up and came running into our room after Brad was gone and started to cry....it was sad!!
5. I take for granted how much I enjoy cooking meals for my family. Brad and I did chicken tacos last night and we had fun cooking together. We always do.
I know that there are so many other things that I know I could list but then this post would go on forever! Needless to say, I love that kid and we are going to miss him very much. He will be gone for Valentines Day and our 9 year anniversary...I sent him some stuff in his bag that he does not know about and I have plans to get things sent to his hotel on the 12th for our anniversary and then the 14th...The boys and I are going to ride with mom and dad to Price to watch Shayla dance in a few weeks so hopefully that will make time go by faster!!!!! All I know is that this may be the longest six weeks of my life. I have a huge admiration for all the army wifes out there...you never know when or how long your husbands will be gone and I know it sucks!!

No comments: