Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One Year Ago Tonight....

Tracy Jones passed away one year ago tonight, I can not believe that it has been a year! My poor Aunt Ellie, Uncle Tracy, Courtney and Kara have not been able to have Tally be their homes in months, and I know all the pain that it is causing! I hope and pray that Sharon will realize that Italia needs her family, and they need her. Tracy was the best dad! We grew up together and use to laugh and play all the time. I remember once we were at his house and he had this sweet monster truck. We would drive it over his head and since he was bald, it did not get caught. Well we were geniuses back then and of course me and my long hair had to try it to, yeah not so smart. Tracy sure laughed! Herding cows with Tracy was always an eventful time. From Sox racing away with him and Bompa yelling at him to make her mind (oh Bompa I miss you too), to Tracy and I eating all of Bompa's powdered covered donuts in the back of the truck, me being taken into the horse trailer on the back of the horse (oh yes Tracy thought that was great too)......to growing older and losing track of each other..and then finding that great friendship again.....I remember him telling me about his struggles as a teenager, and I felt for him and saw how much he had grown and made himself an amazing man through it all. I still remember when I called him and he told me that him and Sharon were getting a divorce, I remember hearing the sadness in his voice, and I knew the pain he was feeling. I have to say that from January to May of last year, I talked to Tracy more than I had in years, so in a way, I have to thank Sharon for that. I remember the last time that we talked, he had that ringback tone, "You and me baby aint nothing but mammals...." we laughed so hard when he answered and I told him it was a blast from the past. I know in my heart that he was needed in heaven and that he is doing such amazing things there, and that he was needed there more than he was here. I miss him so much and pray that Tally will be able to become a part of our family. She looks so much like her daddy! We miss you BIG! Keep a watch over us, I love you and miss you more than words can say!

No comments: