Sunday, April 18, 2010

Road Trip!!!

So Shayla is dancing at CEU with the Drill Team so we decided to make the trip to Price to watch their Spring performance! She did such a great job and I am so glad that we made the trip!
Let me just tell you how adventurous of a trip it really was!! First off, we are jam packed in mycar, all three little ones in the back, and Me, Bri, and Mom up front...yes like sardines, we all had seat belts so I assure you it was very legal LOL!!
We stopped at Del Taco in Layton, which I would NOT suggest to anyone...EVER!!! Anyways, Bri ordered a strawberry shake and once we got in the car, Tucker wanted it so he gave her his rootbear and he took the shake, a fair trade for sure! We are driving along on the Legacy Highway and next thing we hear "Oh Bryken, Ka ka!!!" Tucker is laughing and when we looked back, Bryken had somehow thrown his bottle nipple down in Tucker's shake! Mom grabbed and and was so diligent about not getting shake on my car, so we pulled over and got that all cleaned up.
So remember the fact that we are on Legacy...we are all use to just following the highway...so as we were gabbing along I somehow missed our exit. None of us noticed the fact that we had gone off track until we were really close to the mountian and buildings. I looked and Mom and Bri and said, "Um I think we missed our exit...this does not look familiar" about that time, we saw the sign "Park City 10 miles"....yep totally went about a 1/2 an hour the wrong way! It was so funny!
Then there was this lady, we were in the fast lane and she pulled right up on our butt and was flashing her lights at me..now mind you we dead in the center of CRAZY ROADS and I could not get over and we were already doing 80 mph in a 65..so I was not going any faster! So when I got the chance to pull into the next lane I did, that lady made some gesture and me so then the fight was on. We all know my mother "Lexi now come on we do not need to do this" I was flashing my lights at her and I stayed right on her tail! Stupid Utah driver anyways!!
We finally made it to Price, and we went and watched Shayla perform. It was great and the disco number was hilarious!!!
We had to leave early Saturday morning to get Tucker back to Malad for the Monster Trucks so we pilled back in the car, and mom stayed in Ferron and waited for Dad. So since we had more room this time :) We took some pictures. We met Dad and Quintan in Spanish Fork at the Little Acorn and had lunch. It was fun!!
The kids were actually pretty good!!!
We stopped at this gas station and there was this crazy lady who was being arrested for walking around the store for 2 hours opening things while her dog sat on the trunk of her car!!! It was a fun and crazy adventure!!!! Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!!!

No comments: