Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Growing Old Is Fun....Happy Birthday Honey!!!

Brad's birthday was the 13th and I have to say that he never fails to crack me up. I woke up and got dressed and got Tucker and Bryken ready. We snuck into the bedroom and started singing "Happy Birthday" and I asked Brad how it felt to be 27. He looked at me puzzled and said, "What I am only 26." I reminded him that he was born in 83, he counted over and over again and then looked at me and said, "My mom even thinks that I am 26, where did I lose one year!" It was so hilarious! I had planned to make him mush and tell him that it was because I did not think that his old body could handle biscuts and gravy, but after that, I could not do it! It was a laugh for sure. I made him shrimp stir fry and grabbed a cake from Wal-Mart. Remind me never to grab a cake from Wal-Mart. I called it in and asked them to write Happy Birthday Brad on the cake. I got there to pick it up at 6:30 and it just said "Brad". I was like "Oh no this is not right, it needs to say Happy Birthday Brad." The girl looked at me all wide eyed and told me that the lady who does that had gone home for the day! Are you kidding me? I told her that I could write it if she would get me the frosting for hecks sake and she said that she could not do that...Great...So I have this great little birthday cake that says "Brad" amazing! Lucky for me, I have a great husband who just laughed and told me that the cake was great. So as a tribute to my old man, I will list why I love this guy in 26...ooopps 27 ways....
1. He is so energetic and loves life.
2. He will always help me with what I ask, even if it is hanging a picture on the wall or painting one of my new craft ideas for me.
3.I guess he felt old so he shaved his full man chew, he looks ten years younger and he has vowed to never do it again..LOL it looks great honey!!!
4.I lose my cell phone all the time, and I know it drives him CRAZY but he will call it for me every time and help me find it.
5. He loves his boys so much. They are his pride and joy.
6. Okay lets face, I think that my husband is HOT...and because of his great looks we have some cute kids!
7.He is my handy man, it does not matter what I need fixed, he will do it in a heartbeat.
8. When at 6:30 in the morning and he is snug and fast asleep, I can come in and get him out of bed to go out in the rain and heavy winds and he wil help me get the trampoline out of the tree and tie it to the clothes line.
9.He is always telling me how great I look in this losing weight process. I thank him for that all the time and his remarks of "You look great babe" just make my day.
10. He does house work! Even on his birthday while I was at work, he made the bed, did the dishes, vacuumed, and did laundry!!!
11. He helps me with the kids all the time so I can study for the next test!
12. When I am exhausted and just can not keep my eyes open, he lets me take a snooze and he plays with the boys.
13. He loves to drive. We are always on the go and it is great, we are never bored.
14. He has agreed to finally take me to Jackson, I have never been and he hates it but we are so going one weekend this summer.
15. He loves and appreciates the outdoors. We love to be outside and he always makes sure that everyone leaves it cleaner than what we found it.
16.He wants a Harley pretty bad so we made a deal that if he stops smoking we can get one...and he is down to 4 a day (better than a pack and a 1/2) and he is going to pick up the bike Friday!!! YAY!!
17. He is a great cook. He can makes things out of anything and it is always delicious!!
18. He is the best dad. He pays so much attention to these little boys and he adores them and all that comes along with them. I love how he looks at his boys with all of the love in the world!
19. He always had a solution to a problem.
20. He makes me a stronger person.
21. He loves his family and wants to make memories with all the family and he enjoys planning outtings where his sisters and their kids and his parents can come, and he does not complain about my family traditions either, even rolling the eggs down the mountian at Easter. I have to say that Tucker and his dad had a great time doing this!!!
22. Together we are strong and we can accomplish anything as long as we have hard work and dedication. I am glad that he is my partner in crime LOL!
23. He never tells me that dinner is not the best, even after I have tasted it and suggested we go and grab fast food because trying out a new recipie was not the best idea. But when it is he always says "Its a keeper babe."
24. Even if he is not excited, he sure makes me think that he is excited about things that I am...like going to the Hogal Zoo to see the baby elephant! We are so going LOL!
25. He has learned that saving money is great, and he loves having a savings for a rainy day fund...or buying a bike :)
26. Even if it is not a movie he wanted from Netflix, he will sit with me on the couch and watch it.
27. Last but not least, I love Brad because he has grown and matured into such an amaing man, husband, and father. Neither of us thought we would make to 1 year let alone almost 6 with two amazing little boys, but I am grateful and all the crap that we have put eachother through it what has made us a strong couple like we are today. He is my best friend and my confident, and I am loving every single day that I have with him.

Happy Birthday Honey!!!

No comments: