Wednesday, May 6, 2009

R.I.P. Tracy

I do not even know where to start...my 23 year old cousing overdosed last night not on puropse but by total accident. You always hear them talk about even once can kill...I wont go into details but that is what happened in so many words. Trace and I were the best of buddies...I mean he was 20 days older than me and man did we have some memories. Things from riding four wheelers with Bompa, playing in the sand box outside his house, oh his HUGE dog Brisco, herding cows (too many stories to even tell there :0) and so many others. Through high school years, we slipped apart and as fate so has it September 2008 Bompa passed away and though it is the worst thing ever, he brought our family back together. Tracy and I sat at the kitchen table an Nani's and talked about how much fun we had as kids...we had some laughs and some tears as he told me about his trying times and how he overcame them. Just at the begining of the year, Tracy and his wife decided that they needed to take some time and it ended in divorce. His little girl is the cutest thing ever and boy was she his world! We actually talked quite a bit and I knew that this was so hard for him. He had his life going in the right direction: an amazing little girl, his own new townhome (he was so stoked about it), a great job with the union and it all seemed to be going his way...I know he was hurting, heck how wouldnt you be after losing your wife? We talked last week, it was so great to hear from him. I laughed because when I called his ringback town was "You and me baby aint nothin' but mammals"...you know the rest and it was a blast from the past, we laughed about that....I do not know why he was taken from us. God has his reasons and a plan but no matter what you are taught and what you believe, there is still so much anger and pain. I miss you Tracy....R.I.P. big guy....

No comments: