Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 1

Today I did okay as far as watching what goes in my body as well as what I put out. I started by thinking that this was going to be a weight loss challenge but I have come to the realization that it is going to be more than that. Today's scripture that I found appealing came to me after I had a conversation with Tucker. He was watching Charolettes Web and came out while I was making dinner and started to cry. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he does not want to die right now and he does not want us in heaven, he wants to be here with all of the trees. I explained to him a little about heaven and how beautiful it is. I explained that we will be much older and we will rejoice when we all join each other in heaven. I dread those kinds of talks with my children....I realized that it is me who really is responsible for teaching my children what the right pathway is back to our heavenly father. I found a quote, "We can not control what others choose to do, and so we can not force our children to heaven, but we can determine what we will do. And we will decide that we will do all that we can to bring down the powers of heaven into that family we want so much to have forever." **Elder Henry B. Eyring.
How true is that? I mean seriously, it is me who has to enstil this love for the savior into my children, it is by my example that they will know I have a testimony of this gosple and know how much I love them and my heavenly father. I CAN NOT IMAGINE MY LIFE without my wonderful husband, children, parents, siblings, grandparents and all the other individuals in my life. I have recently watched someone who I love dearly go through a lot of pain. I think that it is important to remember that this moment of pain is part of our plan, and she is going to grow from this situation and become such a strong young woman. As far as healthy...today I did not have ANY soda! I drank 3 bottles of water! GO ME!!! So until tomorrow...good night!

No comments: